Highlighted

Open pdf in InDesign

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased InDesign. May be made a mistake but perhaps you guys can help. I bought a brochure template from "Envato Market" and it came in a PDF designed in InDesign. So I purchased Adobe InDesign to help.

Now, I've downloaded InDesign successfully and wanted to import that PDF but it does not show up when I search for it when I click "open" to find and import.... I'm I a dimwit or what.... please help

Bryan

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant
You cannot open a PDF in InDesign, you can only place it as a static graphic.

If this is already throwing you, you're going to need quite a bit of time to learn InDesign.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Open pdf in InDesign

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased InDesign. May be made a mistake but perhaps you guys can help. I bought a brochure template from "Envato Market" and it came in a PDF designed in InDesign. So I purchased Adobe InDesign to help.

Now, I've downloaded InDesign successfully and wanted to import that PDF but it does not show up when I search for it when I click "open" to find and import.... I'm I a dimwit or what.... please help

Bryan

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

If this is already throwing you, you're going to need quite a bit of time to learn InDesign.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob. Mind I though so.I really need to get in contact with Envato Market and cancel this InDesign....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to buy the InDesign template. The PDF won't work.

Try Affinity Publisher, you can open and edit PDFs in that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may just be buying the right to use the ideas in the design (since design ideas are copyright). Then you would uses InDesign or another app of your choice to use those ideas in your own design, doing all the layout work again. Not all templates are “type and go”.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0