• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening a project on another device

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I am very new to in-design and adobe products in general. I started working on a 50+ page manual on a desktop computer. I am just about done, but i need someone else to be able to open to look it over/approve it before I export it to print. So, Is there a way I can log into my adobe account from another device and pull up my "work in progress" manual from another device?! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Sure. Your Creative Cloud account/Adobe ID has a cloud location associated with it, where you can store files independently of any other cloud services you may have available.

1. Package the file, using the File>Package... menu command. This will create a folder containing all the elements that create your file installed on your computer. Create the Package Folder, being sure to select the Include PDF (Print) check box before naming the folder and clicking the Package button. You can learn more

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Your CC account includes a cloud file sync’ing feature which is similar to Dropbox. The Adobe Creative Cloud application installs a sync’ing folder named Creative Cloud Files at the top level of your computer’s user folder.

Most CC accounts include 1TB of sync space, so if you store all of your InDesign projects, and their assets inside of the Creative Cloud Files folder they will automatically get backed up to the account’s Adobe cloud server—you don’t have to do anything. If you accidentally

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Your Creative Cloud account/Adobe ID has a cloud location associated with it, where you can store files independently of any other cloud services you may have available.

1. Package the file, using the File>Package... menu command. This will create a folder containing all the elements that create your file installed on your computer. Create the Package Folder, being sure to select the Include PDF (Print) check box before naming the folder and clicking the Package button. You can learn more about InDesign packaging from the following link. Package InDesign documents
  2. Move/Copy the folder to your Creative Cloud Files location. I prefer to copy the folder, because I'd rather have two of 'em than risk the possibility that I somehow end up with none of 'em. Here's where you can find out more about Creative Cloud Files: CC Files service
  3. Go to the computer you want to show the proof on. Sign into the Creative Cloud account from the proofing system and open the InDesign file (if the proofing system is fully equipped with Creative Cloud), or the PDF if it isn't.

Done deal.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your CC account includes a cloud file sync’ing feature which is similar to Dropbox. The Adobe Creative Cloud application installs a sync’ing folder named Creative Cloud Files at the top level of your computer’s user folder.

Most CC accounts include 1TB of sync space, so if you store all of your InDesign projects, and their assets inside of the Creative Cloud Files folder they will automatically get backed up to the account’s Adobe cloud server—you don’t have to do anything. If you accidentally delete a file from your drive, it can be retrieved by logging into the cloud server.

You are allowed to install your CC account and apps on two computers, so if you log in on the second computer its Creative Cloud Files folder would automatically sync with your cloud account, and your project files & folders would be available there. Or, if your client has a CC account, you can invite them to collaborate by right-clicking the folder, and choosing View on Website. From the cloud webpage you can click the Share + button, send an invite, and your project folder will sync to your client’s computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines