Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option-Click and Drag is Step and Repeating instead of Duplicating

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in InDesign 16.0.1. (and prior)

I updated to Catalina OS on Mac. Option-Click no longer works as it should. It is supposed to straight duplicate one time. Now it is acting as a step and repeat and is creating 2 duplicates instead of one. Please help. I can't find how to fix this.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jenpack0408,

maybe the update of your operating system is overriding your custom keyboard shortcuts?

Hm. I'm not sure, because I'm on Windows 10, but Option + Click alone should do nothing at all if InDesign is running with the default settings. ( I translate this to my German keyboard on Windows so I think this would be holding the Alt key while selecting an object with a click. Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

The 2 duplicates could come from the Step-and-Repeat feature where perhaps value 2 is remembered for number of steps with an offset of 0 horizontally and vertically…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  I checked the Step and Repeat setting and it was set to "0".  So, I changed it to 1 just to see what would happen.  That fixed it.  Thank you!  That was driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for some reason it is doing it again.  No matter what I change the Step and Repeat function to.  Any other ideas?  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Does it happen with a specific file? Have you tried resetting preferences of the app?

If not, please try doing that. You may follow this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html) to reset the preferences of the app.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines