• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outputting complex ID graphic/drawings to pdf

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm creating a fairly dense/complex drawing/infographic in InDesign. All has been well until the most recent iteration, when I go to output as pdf (either as print or interactive), either ID or Acrobat is placing a boxed gradient over most of the graphic. The colour is one used within the graphic and i've tried to delete sections/portions of the graphic and re-ouputting to see if that helps but no joy.

On this version it's not too much of an issue as I can delete the box in Acrobat DC, but I have created a second version which actually has less content and on output the box remains – but i'm unable to delete this one as the entire graphci appears to be rasterized in sections so any element just deletes completely.

Yes, Illustrator would probably be the industry norm for a complex drawing but for various reasons i'm not using it and even though i'm able to output this to Illustrator as an .eps anyway, i'd rather keep it all in ID if I can.

It's been created in CS6 (yes, again, old title), and output to Acrobat DC – have tried earlier versions too.

I've tried to output it in the latest ID version (CC 2020) too and exactly the same thing occurs.

I have a feeling the issue is with transparencies or effects somewhere but even if I removed all transparencies and effects the problem remains. 

This graphic will be used within a report in print, pdf/digi and possibly as a poster or even hoarding so needs to remain vector/scaleable. I am aware I can output it in vector but as I said, I want to keep it in ID as long as possible and wondered if there wa sa quick outputting issue i'm not aware of? Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brandman33,

Can you post your files for others to look at and test?

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can't share artwork openly for this piece, but can a small snippet (about 20% of the entire page, same level of detail and use of vector graphics)Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 12.03.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried PDF/X-4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just tried, same result. But thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines