Overprint Preview as default

Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

When using InDesign 2021, Overprint Preview is turned on by default whenever I open or create a new document. All those boxes are really annoying!

How do I turn it off as the default view so I have a nice, clean palette to work on?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overprint Preview is not turned on by default in any version of InDesign I've ever used. You simply toggle it with a keystroke (Cmd-Option-Shift-Y on Mac, Ctrl-Alt-Shift-Y in Windows) or choose from rhe View menu.

What boxes are you referring to? Please show us a screen capture of what you're seeing (perhaps I'm misunderstanding you).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure that you're talking about Overprint Preview which needs to be turned on under the View Menu when a document is open? This option is Grayed out when no document is active so it can't be set as a preference. It sounds to me like you're talking about Hide/Show Frame Edges which can be set as a preference by choosing to either hide or show the edges of unstroked frames. To make sure that you don't have all those "annoying boxes" as the default go through the View Menu>Extras>Hide Frame Edges. Do this with no document open and then quit the program. When you relaunch InDesign the annoying boxes will not be there anymore.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines