• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overprint Preview in InDesign 2021 showing strange looping video

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a document in InDesign 2021, and when I switch to View > Overprint Preview, a strange looping video begins playing over my pages. It looks like some kind of animated demo (see attached image). I cannot move it away from the pasteboard, and the only way to end it is to switch off Overprint Preview. 

I'm not using a template; I started from a blank document. Any idea what might be going on here?

33F21178-9E16-472B-9D7C-006ABA50C7CB.jpeg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

I'm not sure WHY the animation appeared at that time. But I can tell you what it is and probably how to make it go away.

It's the animation that describes What's New in this version of InDesign. Normally it appears on the Home screen when you click What's New at the bottom left corner:

WhatsNews2.png

When clicked, it should appear like this. You can turn it off by clicking the X just outside the animation at the upper right:

WhatsNew1 copy.png

I think that that restoring your preferences should make it appear the way it'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure WHY the animation appeared at that time. But I can tell you what it is and probably how to make it go away.

It's the animation that describes What's New in this version of InDesign. Normally it appears on the Home screen when you click What's New at the bottom left corner:

WhatsNews2.png

When clicked, it should appear like this. You can turn it off by clicking the X just outside the animation at the upper right:

WhatsNew1 copy.png

I think that that restoring your preferences should make it appear the way it's supposed to:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve Warner,

Brilliant! That did the trick! Thank you for your quick reply and helpful advice.

So grateful for this community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines