• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

overset symbol on photo

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an error message for overset text. when I go to the page I can not see the little pink overset symbol on any of the text boxes. If I drag the photo off the page I now see an overset symbol. It appears to be attached to the photo frame. If I shorten this box it changes the photo (ie crops it).

I have 32 of these errors so would really appreciate some help with this

See image below overset.JPG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Check with "Preflight" and with "Edit in Story Editor" to see if they give any pointers, also view the document with Show Hidden Characters as you may have spare "Carriage Returns" that need deleting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with "Preflight" and with "Edit in Story Editor" to see if they give any pointers, also view the document with Show Hidden Characters as you may have spare "Carriage Returns" that need deleting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page with the error has a Page break applied in the text box frame, so all that appears is the photos and the captions. I can get one of the captions to appear in the Story Editor but not the other.  Show Hidden Characters is selected.

is there a list somewhere that will tell me what the little symbol in the Story Editor means?

Is there a reason why one caption will appear in the Story Editor but not the other?story editor.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These errors all appeared after I tried to set up an Object Style based on a caption. I have been able to remove 3 of the 32 errors by finding the overset text hidden somewhere. But when I deleted the Object Style called caption default the errors came back! I think this program is too smart for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a grouped item: image grouped with text frame, and text set to align on baselinegrid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it was grouped and when I Ungroup it I can delete the text box.

I was trying to set up a caption Setup and I think i changed the setting for baseline, but no longer see it as an option when I go to Caption Setup. Is that where it would be located?

Here is the text box or frame that i can see when I move the photo off the page a bit. But when I try to shorten it in height the photo gets cropped.re overset text box.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found Baseline Options under Text Frame Options but I don't know what to choose to make the caption box just the height needed for the text. The photo and caption are now ungrouped but I have a caption box that is way too  big. baseline settings.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines