Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overset text in Table issue

Contributor ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID CC2021 on Mac

I have a word doc that I placed into InDesign. The tables were kinda wonky, some of them worked fine but some don't. My main issue is that for the second table in the video capture (link below), I can't resize the table without getting overset text; while other tables I don't have problem with -- if I resize the columns, the text should adjust automatically. Appreciate if you guys could help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqbopr1yq5pfs7v/TableIssuesbyWut.mov?dl=0

edit: I managed to figure out how to adjust the table width thing in the second part of that video, it's because paragraph style. However the overset text thing is still varying from table to table (some table I can resize no problem, some get overset text)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

I solved it, Line height. Topic closed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it, Line height. Topic closed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At 0:15 of your video, we can see that the rows of the first table are set to a variable height (at least…)

Capture d’écran 2021-05-03 à 17.50.59.jpg

At 0:30, we see that the rows of the second table are set to an exact value: that is why you get overset text.

Capture d’écran 2021-05-03 à 17.52.59.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines