• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overset Text Threads Off the Page and Pasteboard

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have overset text I am trying to place on the following page. When I click to place the text it suddently jumps off screen. The pasteboard becomes really extended and I don't see the text box anymore. When I turned on text threads, it shows it's jumped past the end of the document and dissapeared. 

I've made sure Smart Text Reflow is off, I've tried deleting or turning off the character, paragraph, and object styles, I've checked for hidden characters. There's no primary text frame. There aren't frames on the master. If I make a text box and link it backwards to the overset text it flows correctly. I'm using Version 16.1.

I thought I fixed the document when I went through and edited it yesterday; text was flowing correctly, but by evening it was broken again. I moved all the pages to a brand new document and it started working agin, but I'm not sure if that's a fix. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Maia. S 

I've never seen a pasteboard grown like that on only one page. Did copying the pages to a new document fix it? You could also try saving as .idml, then reopen and save as .indd.

If it were me, I would also reset Preferences.

Apologies for the delay in answering,

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could try resetting Preferences, but it happens for my coworkers as well when they open the document, so it's not a local problem. 

After I copied the pages to a new document we didn't need to work in it further so I'm not sure if the problem would have continued. The first time I copied the pages to a new document it worked for a day and then the problem happened again. I still have the buggy document so I could try the save to .idml. I'm still messing with it to try to fix it and I've had others try as well, but the problem continues. It happened once in another document as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's still broken you can share the affected file with Adobe. Create a package and Zip it, then email the file (or send them a link if it's too big for email): idfile@adobe.com 

Here is the link for troubleshooting InDesign files:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-file-issues.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was this problem ever solved? The exact same thing is happening to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines