• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaged Fonts - How to Open?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client sent me their firm's in-house InDesign template - all Packaged up.     When I open the InDesign file, it won't sync the fonts.   Am I missing something?  Do I need to do something specific with the fonts folder in order to have them sync up?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a document fonts folder in the package? Did it come from a Mac? Are you on Windows?

If so, do the fonts show a size of 0kb?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem, the file was created and packaged on a mac and i am trying to view in on a windows pc and its shows as 0kb ? Is there a solution to this?

Thanks in adance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Those are Mac Only fonts and there is nothing you can do except replace them with Opentype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Yes, there is a documents fonts folder in the package.   Windows.  

They all have a compressed size (1KB, 54KB, 90KB, 89KB), nobody is at zero.  

I opened the "In Design Document"   

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the document show “converted” in the file name? If so, save it (in the same folder), close it, re-open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the document has a normal title and ends with .indd

I have closed and opened it multiple times, with the same message each time that I open it, notifying me that my document "uses fonts that are currently unavailable on your computer.  Typekit couldn't find any matching fonts."   I choose the option to "find fonts" and then next box that pops up is a "Find Font" box that pretty much just gives me the option to replace with a different font... as it won't let me click in any of the boxes for the missing fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you positive that all fonts have been packaged? Give us a screen capture of the find fonts dialog and the document fonts folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you open the InDesign file in the supplied folder, the same folder that contains the Document Fonts folder? Are the files for the missing fonts in the Document Fonts folder? Have you tried installing the supplied fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the folder named correctly? Older versions of InDesign called the folder "Fonts"; newer versions use "Document Fonts".

You said "They all have a compressed size"--what do you mean by compressed? Nothing can be compressed when opening the file.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines