Highlighted

packaging files XMPBackEndCC15.InDesignPlugin missing

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error when trying to package indesign cc2020 files,   XMPBackEndCC15.InDesignPlugin  is missing.
How do i fix it so I can package the files?  I do not use it, and have not installed it.
I have saved files as IDML files, but they wont open after creating them.
I am using windows 10  17763.1217 OS, all programs and windows are currently updated.
I do have extension manager, yet it does not show up in Indesign windows/extensions.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

So i looked at your document and here is what i found

• The document was created in 2011 on a MAC. Sometime in 2018 the document was opened on a WIN machine and that did not have the these plugins installed, subsequently i see the document being opened on WIN machines that had these missing plugins
  • The document has not 1 but 4 missing plugins, like EasyCatalog(3 plugins related to this one) and the one you mentioned
  • I opened the document on a MAC ID 15.0.2 and was able to convert it into IDML just fine. Please have a look at the the IDML it should work for you https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zng4j602c4il44/cdp9%20lo.idml?dl=0

-Manan

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

packaging files XMPBackEndCC15.InDesignPlugin missing

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error when trying to package indesign cc2020 files,   XMPBackEndCC15.InDesignPlugin  is missing.
How do i fix it so I can package the files?  I do not use it, and have not installed it.
I have saved files as IDML files, but they wont open after creating them.
I am using windows 10  17763.1217 OS, all programs and windows are currently updated.
I do have extension manager, yet it does not show up in Indesign windows/extensions.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

• The document was created in 2011 on a MAC. Sometime in 2018 the document was opened on a WIN machine and that did not have the these plugins installed, subsequently i see the document being opened on WIN machines that had these missing plugins
  • The document has not 1 but 4 missing plugins, like EasyCatalog(3 plugins related to this one) and the one you mentioned
  • I opened the document on a MAC ID 15.0.2 and was able to convert it into IDML just fine. Please have a look at the the IDML it should work for you https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zng4j602c4il44/cdp9%20lo.idml?dl=0

-Manan

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving the file to IDML should have ideally fixed this issue. Where did you get this document? If someone created this then ask them to see if they can package the document and send it across, the package would have the IDML that you can use.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the document. It doesn't matter what document it is, or if I created it or not, the same thing happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrea,

I am now confused, you say that you are on Win 10 machine and you are one creating these documents. If this is right then i don't understand how this error would crop due to the following reasons

• This error means that the said plugin was installed and loaded at the time of last save of the document and is now not installed/loaded on the machine its being opened. If you did not have this plugin as you mentioned then how come this error pops.
  • The error names the MAC version of the plugin, but as per you you have a WIN machine

Can you share one such document here and let me see if i can clean it up and make sense on what is happening here. This plugin seems to be from XMPie, do you happen to use anything related to this product.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on a Mac about 3 years ago. We had a trial version, about 4 years ago (when I used a mac.) We have 1 person who does use XMPie, but no one else has the program, it was never installed on my PC. When I migrated to a PC all the programs were fresh installs. Here is file june20.indd--I attached it in the first thread, with only 3 pages, yet it still wont package.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that all makes sense, and it did open andI could package it fine.
So the best solution would be to start with a new clean document.
If I do that and copy paste items from the old document, will it still cause problems?
Thank you!

Andrea Teague
Midwest Tape
Music Catalog Graphic Artist
ateague@midwesttapes.com

This e-mail, and any attachment, is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination
or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The
contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the
views of Midwest Tape. Computer viruses can be transmitted via email.
The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. Midwest Tape accepts no liability for any damage
caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail. (Disclaimer H112143UI)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The IDML would be devoid of any data from the missing plugins. So you could use it as a base to create your new document. Or if you want you could create a new document and copy paste items from IDML to the new one. Both ways should be fine in my opinion

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 1