• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging Indesign Files

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello is anyone else experiencing this problem - when I try to package an InDesign file it is stating the Folder name is too long - even when I shortened it to one single character. This has never happened before. Is it a glitch in an update as I can't package anything at the moment?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello apologies for late response I am using Indesign 2021 (latest update) on windows 10 and have never experienced any problems packaging files before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you could try to package to the Desktop.

This should prevent the issue with too long file and folder paths when on Windows 10.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion I will try this - but I don't understand why it's suddenly started to do this? I am on the latest version of InDesign using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The package feature has had issues packaging to a server volume in past versions of InDesign. I suggest you try Laubender's suggestion of packaging to your Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also... you can't shorten a folder name to one character, so I guess you are only looking at the top level folder name. You need to look at the entire path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the path but couldn't see anything wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you looking for when you say nothing is wrong? What exactly is the path (if it contains any username or company name, please replace it with the SAME NUMBER of xxx.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

joannasefton1968 said:
"Thank you for your suggestion I will try this - but I don't understand why it's suddenly started to do this?"

This could have many causes. Maybe you recently placed an image with a very long file name?
Did you try my suggestion to package to the Desktop? What was the result?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines