Highlighted

Packaging Placed InDesign Files

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on projects with lots of components that we combine via book. One section is done by another department and they are often changing it until the last minute. To combat this, I've started placing their InDesign file within the large ID file for the section. Because people tend to save over things whenever they feel like it, I like to package projects at the end. However, any placed InDesign files don't package. Is there any script or workaround for this? Ideally, I'd love it to copy the placed ID and it's links while it's packaging the same files.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Packaging Placed InDesign Files

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on projects with lots of components that we combine via book. One section is done by another department and they are often changing it until the last minute. To combat this, I've started placing their InDesign file within the large ID file for the section. Because people tend to save over things whenever they feel like it, I like to package projects at the end. However, any placed InDesign files don't package. Is there any script or workaround for this? Ideally, I'd love it to copy the placed ID and it's links while it's packaging the same files.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link was good before you tried to package?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0