Page Effects Issue - Cannot Find Flip

May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Evening, 

I am creating a digital magazine, however, I stumbled upon an issue. 

My pages are facing, so as to create a typical magazine spread. However, when I went to work on page turning effects the only one missing was the interactive flip effect. Where it is like an actual book page. Even when I watch tutorials it is a part of others' options, but I do not see it. 

I'm not sure if it has to do with an update - but I really want to create this look for realistic purposes. Is there anything I can do to fix this or somehow else I can achieve this effect? Where the page moves with cursor like a page? 

Thank you in advance for your time/help. Anything is appreciated as I am still learning.

TOPICS
Performance, Print, Publish online, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Page Effects Issue - Cannot Find Flip

May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Evening, 

I am creating a digital magazine, however, I stumbled upon an issue. 

My pages are facing, so as to create a typical magazine spread. However, when I went to work on page turning effects the only one missing was the interactive flip effect. Where it is like an actual book page. Even when I watch tutorials it is a part of others' options, but I do not see it. 

I'm not sure if it has to do with an update - but I really want to create this look for realistic purposes. Is there anything I can do to fix this or somehow else I can achieve this effect? Where the page moves with cursor like a page? 

Thank you in advance for your time/help. Anything is appreciated as I am still learning.

TOPICS
Performance, Print, Publish online, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

May 29, 2020 0
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is no longer available with InDesign, what are some others 3rd party apps I can use? And can I use my InDesign document with the apps? If so, how?

Translate

Translate

May 29, 2020 0
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?
Which format is your final format?

(Page turning effects become irritating for the reader after a while.)

Translate

Translate

May 29, 2020 0
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of third-party faculties, such as: http://fliphtml5.com

Translate

Translate

May 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a full discussion of this and alternatives at https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/page-turn-now-gone-from-adobe-indesign/m-p/11169788?page=1

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

May 29, 2020 0