• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page jumping around

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I've searched the forums and not really found an answer that applies. Basically I have this issue with the page repositioning itself mostly off my art board as I flip through. Considering I work on many multi page layouts this is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. I've attached a screen recording to show whats up. I have a multi page doc, all 8.5"x11" pages with the same bleeds/slug etc. I've toyed with the pasteboard sizes and the Live Screen Drawing options. I've used different mice (although I do use the much maligned Magic Mouse as a default) and the issue still persists.

In the screen cap I have everything set up, page to page, EXACTLY the same on my master pages. I have the copy flowing through linked text boxes and I'm using the frame break command keys. For the love of God and all that is holy the next page should be in the same position as the previous – NOT at the top of my art board. what I'm doing in the vid is simply tapping down arrow at the end of my text line to move to the next page/frame and the page jumps down to the bottom of my screen. Same thing happens if I have a block of copy and enter a frame break command. It jumps down then I have to refit my page onscreen (cmmnd+0) wash, rinse, repeat.

For reference I'm on a 2015, 27" iMac running Sierra and INDD CC2017.

https://vimeo.com/214856682

Any help is much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Basically I have this issue with the page repositioning itself mostly off my art board as I flip through.

I'm afraid that's the behavior you will get when you arrow down through the threaded frames. I'm not aware of any way to change it, other than changing how you navigate. On your iMac with a full keyboard you could use Opt PgDn instead. If you have a wireless keyboard without the numeric keypad, use FN Opt Down Arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I have this issue with the page repositioning itself mostly off my art board as I flip through.

I'm afraid that's the behavior you will get when you arrow down through the threaded frames. I'm not aware of any way to change it, other than changing how you navigate. On your iMac with a full keyboard you could use Opt PgDn instead. If you have a wireless keyboard without the numeric keypad, use FN Opt Down Arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the keyboard commands but the jumping occurs when I bump copy to the next frame.

Thanks for the reply but hopefully Adobe can address basic issues like this instead of bloating their software with ever more useless/niche stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joshua: The best way to communicate your hopes and dreams is not via the community forum (staffed primarily by users like you who volunteer to answer questions in our spare time), but through the feature request form: Wishform - Adobe InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines