• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page Layout for Booklet Design

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive the basic element of this quesiotn but I am stuck on page layout for a booklet.  I have read that if you start page numbering on page 32 then your front cover and back cover will appear on the same page when using Facing Pages.  I would like to do this so that I can have a wrap around cover design.

My question though is how do I proceed with page layout beyond this point?

Page 2 left side / page 3 right side - represents the back (pg 2) and front (pg 3) covers.  The next pages on my spread are 4 and 5 - 4 left side (inside cover left) / 5 right side (inside cover right).

I am going to print these pages myself, double sided, stacking pages on a 12 page booklet staple bound.

The way I see it is this - the next pages on my double page spread (facing pages) are 6 and 7, would page 7 (right side) represent what would appear as the first right hand side page - page one and page six would be the last page of the booklet?  

TOPICS
How to , InCopy workflow , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Make your document normally, with the first page as page 1 and facing pages on. Start a new section on the last page, which should be the outside back cover and give it an even number for the page number (32, for example). Also make the first page the beginning of a section.Drag this page to the left of page 1. You might have to turn off the confusingly named “Allow Document Pages to Shuffle” option in the Pages panel menu.

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 5.39.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Just do it normally from page 1 to 32 in that order. 

Export to PDF and use the Print Booklet feature in Acrobat. 

Page 1 and 32

Create a new master page as a spread. 

Design your cover on this spread.

Apply the right master to page 1

Apply the left master to page 32.

You could even do the same for page 2 and 31 for the inside cover

New Master Page

Design the spread on the master page

Apply the pages to the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make your document normally, with the first page as page 1 and facing pages on. Start a new section on the last page, which should be the outside back cover and give it an even number for the page number (32, for example). Also make the first page the beginning of a section.Drag this page to the left of page 1. You might have to turn off the confusingly named “Allow Document Pages to Shuffle” option in the Pages panel menu.

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 5.39.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just do it normally from page 1 to 32 in that order. 

Export to PDF and use the Print Booklet feature in Acrobat. 

Page 1 and 32

Create a new master page as a spread. 

Design your cover on this spread.

Apply the right master to page 1

Apply the left master to page 32.

You could even do the same for page 2 and 31 for the inside cover

New Master Page

Design the spread on the master page

Apply the pages to the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines