• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

page numbering

New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 300 page book in InDesign. There are no sections, so I chose Absolute numbering,  but I don't want a number to appear on the first 12 pages, which preclude the text. I don't want the page number to appear until page 13. How do I get rid of the numbering on the first 12 pages?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option 1. Why don't you create a "new section" that will start at page 13?

Option 2. Use different master pages OR override/remove page numbers from the first 12 pages

Does this make any sense to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering. I’d rather just override/remove page numbers from the first 12 pages but I don’t know how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command/Ctrl+Shift+click the item(s) you want to override on the page you want them overridden on. This will unlock them from the master page and make them in-page elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks. Worked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines