• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page numbering

Enthusiast ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, using auto page numbering in the master page, ( page A of B)is there a way to then "bake" the page numbers into the regular pages? (as regular text boxes)

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

You can Release an item from the master page onto a document page by clicking on the document-page item while holding Shift and Command (Mac OS, and I think it may be Shift Option on Windows). This will leave the object in the same position, but it will no longer be affected by edits to the master-page item for anything you change on the document page. For example, if you change the position of the released document-page item, it won't respond to changes to the position of the master-page item,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can Release an item from the master page onto a document page by clicking on the document-page item while holding Shift and Command (Mac OS, and I think it may be Shift Option on Windows). This will leave the object in the same position, but it will no longer be affected by edits to the master-page item for anything you change on the document page. For example, if you change the position of the released document-page item, it won't respond to changes to the position of the master-page item, but if you didn't change the color on the document page, it can still respond to a color change on the master-page item.

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Migintosh has given you the correct answer but I'm curious...why would you want to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 🙂

BobLevine I am building multiple page spec sheets from a template in varying lengths that then need to be Data Merged, and then split back apart. Some of them were too long to add sections to reset the page numbering so my solution was to use static page numbers. 

* EDIT same with the page headers 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines