Highlighted

Page numbers hyphened vs commas

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this is basic info but I can't find the answer anywhere.

I got a 24 page booklet file from a client who needed it updated. I did not create the original file and the original designer is not available.

Some of the page spreads are shown in the Pages window as hypened, ie 2-3 and some page spreads are shown as 4,5. I'd like it to be consistent as I think it's causing issues when creating an imposed version for the printer but I can't figure out how to make it consistent. 

Any help?

Topics

Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Page numbers hyphened vs commas

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this is basic info but I can't find the answer anywhere.

I got a 24 page booklet file from a client who needed it updated. I did not create the original file and the original designer is not available.

Some of the page spreads are shown in the Pages window as hypened, ie 2-3 and some page spreads are shown as 4,5. I'd like it to be consistent as I think it's causing issues when creating an imposed version for the printer but I can't figure out how to make it consistent. 

Any help?

Topics

Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, look at the page following the comma, you'll see a small triangle above it. It means that a section begins on this page. But imposition should be made by the printer, from the PDF you will provide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the section/triangle tip.

Yes the printer was rejecting the PDFs so I was trying to understand what their problem was. I have to get them to explain what exactly is wrong with the PDFs. The client has been playing middleman which hasn't helped. Oh well, again thanks for tip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the page numbering was why the printer rejected the file? 

Regardless of sectioning in the Pages panel, are the page numbers sequential (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines