• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page spread issue

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a document in spread format, and wanted to add page numbers. I added the page numbers and had to send the document over as single pages for print. I need to do some additional work and want to look at it as a spread again, but cannot reconfigure the page to view it as such. I go to document set up > click facing pages, and I get a message that says " one or more spreads are set to keep their pages together. Do you want to maintain the current number of pages on these spreads." No matter whether I click yes or no nothing happens. I figured I could also just try to export a pdf as a spread just so I could see how it's all laid out, but that didn't work either. When I exported the file as a pdf and selected spreads I still got single pages. None of this happened until I added page numbers. What can I do aside from starting all over?

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

I have been working on a document in spread format, and wanted to add page numbers. I added the page numbers and had to send the document over as single pages for print.

A document setup as Facing Pages is made up of single pages—there’s no need to uncheck Facing Pages in Document Setup before you Export to PDF or Package for print. When exporting to PDF just make sure you choose Export As Pages in the General tab. See my last post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/double-page-spreads-to-single-pages-with-photo-that-covers-two-pages/td-p/11144383?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a document in spread format, and wanted to add page numbers. I added the page numbers and had to send the document over as single pages for print.

A document setup as Facing Pages is made up of single pages—there’s no need to uncheck Facing Pages in Document Setup before you Export to PDF or Package for print. When exporting to PDF just make sure you choose Export As Pages in the General tab. See my last post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/double-page-spreads-to-single-pages-with-photo-that-covers-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what happens when there's a bleed? I need my pages to separate for print so I can pull the edges out on background images and colors ... they overlap now in "facing" pages mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That’s normal behaviour—with facing pages the inside bleed comes from the opposite page on the spread. With most binding methods the inside bleed has to be removed in the page imposition, the only exception would be a method like wire-o binding where the inside of the page is trimmed and visible rather than folded. Are you working on a wire-o book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines