I have moved 20 pages of a document to a 25 page document with the same setup. I have master slug information with file name, last modification date and page x of y on both documents. In the new "move-to" document, the page count shows page X of 25 for the first 25 pages and page X of 45 pages for the last twenty that I moved in. I removed the slug information, saved the file as an idml, reopened and saved as indd and rebuilt the slug info and got the same results. I am working with copies of the move from and to move to so I can start from scratch if necessary to fix this issue.
That said, what can I do to fix it and show the proper page count in my master slug info.
It sounds like all pages are not using the same master pages.
That's true. I have selected pages and clicked override master and reassigned all pages to a new master, but the first 25 pages continue to show x of 25 while the rest of the book shows x of 45. There has to be a way to fix this. I've tried every trick I can think of and nothing works. I sure do not want to have to rebuild 25 pages in a new document to fix the problem.
I think the problem may be that you chose to override master items. When you do that, the master items become regular objects on the overriden pages and therefore they are selectable and are on top of any master items. Try deleting the page numbers that are showing incorrectly on the overriden pages.
I got the numbering sequence working, but the last page "of X" continues to display as 25, so I eliminated that from the slug information. I suppose that's a half-fix that I will live with.
If you're able to post the file I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure out what's going on.
The file is full of pictures, so it is huge. I will save a version and delete all but about 30 pages and delete the pictures. That should make it manageble.
PS: Thanks for your patience.
I've got the file ready. Can I drop box it to you? Or, how do I post?
You can put the file on drop box and send me the download link or you can post the link here in the Adobe Support Community.
In the Pages panel, double-click the section indicator icon that appears above the page icon in the Pages panel.
Or, select a page that uses a section marker, and choose Numbering & Section Options in the Pages panel menu.
Untick start a new section
and take a look this article
There is a section marker that is re-starting the numbering.
Double-click on the little triangle that represents the start of a new section. That will open the Numbering & Section Options dialog. Remove the checkmark from 'Start Section'.
Well Barbara, aren't you just a bloody genius. HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE thanks,
You're most welcome. I'm glad that did the trick.
Page numbering, SECTION NUMBER is specially given. Since it is given manually, there is no automatic flow.
Within the same document, the same numbers can be used, but the logic of this is used to give the first pages from the STYLE section a special order for the entry section, such as I, V, VII or a, b, c.
START PAGE NUMBER should remain automatic when you want to change this structure.