• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PageMaker 7.0 and Windows 10

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a partially completed book using PageMaker 7.0 and running it fairly well with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.   Will PageMaker 7.0 run with Windows 10 pro 64 bit? 

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Some exceptionally strong recommendations:

(1)    If you have a project to complete using PageMaker 7, don't convert your system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 until you have reached a point where you don't need to use PageMaker 7 anymore. Simply assume that PageMaker won't work on Windows 10 and you will be safe. Adobe never officially supported PageMaker on Windows 7 or Windows 8.x, much less Windows 10!!!!

(2)    Many professionals familiar with Windows 7, Windows 8.x, and Windows 10 are ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I have enjoyed reading this thread, I wonder if someone can move it to the PageMaker forum:Adobe PageMaker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My feeling is it's OK here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur with Peter. Pagemaker has a special relationship with InDesign, and it's an educational thread because these questions about using it, and moving from Pagemaker to InDesign are going to come up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd leave it here, too. Nobody but me and couple of other old timers read the PM forum and even then, it's a stretch to be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> old timers read the PM forum 

There is no PM forum, AFAIK. It killed with new forum core.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Adobe Pagemaker community, Jane-e, so please don't shift this conversation. We are collectively grasping at straws. I have so much family history tied up in PM it breaks my heart I cannot access any of it. 😞 I'm really disgusted at the corporate attitude to users' emotional and private needs in the face of their commercial drive. Sad old world, made sadder by corporate avarice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you might want to look at dates of posts before snapping at people. Adobe removed that forum because quite frankly it was nothing more than people complaining that PM was dead.

The answer to anyone wanting to continue running 20 year old software continues to be to buy an old machine!

Greed works both ways!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps nobody asks Adobe to kill legacy forums. This is shame. 

Perhaps nobody asks Adobe to kill in the features import of PM docs. This is too shame. 

P.S. And this is not only about PM. It looks crazy to kill old Adobe scripting forum where was collect many useful things. But it done. RIP.  

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still using Pagemaker 7.0.....on Windows 10!  No online support, but no problems so far.  I do have InDesign by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no freakin way... unfortunately I'm in love with this old program and thought win 7 was it... so glad to hear that someone is using it on 10... did you load it from the pm7 disk or did you perform any of the 6 upgrade to 7 tricks, etc... please let me know [personal information deleted by moderator]. thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie072,

thank you for mentioning this. I hope you also have InDesign CS6 ( or a version below ) running.

Then you could help others for converting PageMaker files to InDesign.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jerry_ls46071124. Did you get it to run OK. Inquisitive minds would really like to hear. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Pagemaker 7 on my Windows 10 (update 1909) laptop.. Works just fine.

Pagemaker 7 was an upgrade from Pagemaker 6.5 so it required the serial number from that version. The software was on a CD which I copied to a USB drive and installed it from there. Auto play wouldn't run so I went into the folder for Pagemaker 7 and clicked the .exe file and it installed with no problems at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[SOLVED]

I had the same problem as others, namely PM65 would not run on Win10. Since I have a gazillion PM docs I want to access, this was a major bummer. But fear not, I found a solution: (1) Create a shortcut to PM65.EXE (2) Edit the shortcut properties (3) Under "Compatibility", set "Run this program in compatibilty mode" for Windows 7 or other. This worked perfectly for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dr. John,

I had the Pagemaker 7 upgrade and was able to install it on two Windows 10
computers with no problem. It's working fine.

Glad you found a way to make it work for you.

Wishing you all the best!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing! It is an ongoing challenge here... Please tell me can you also print them or "save as" to another format now you have access? Also see images saved into Adobe format such as photoshop files? Adobe really has stripped me of access to all my past work, now I am too poor to pay to even see it! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct answer is that Adobe whom does fabulous programming WITHIN a program cannot write clean and coherent code outside that app ... one that interfaces with Windows well. So we have stupid crap like difficulty with custom install paths and LOUSY housekeeping, with excessive disk accesses while loading up your temp directory with all sorts of junk that it can't be bothered with removing later. To classify the CC app as malware is not off base. Native Adobe apps have ALWAYS been this way though ..

To the point though ...
What blocks a successful PM7 (in my case) install is the overactive, overprotective Creative Cloud app. Sign out and kill it from system tray and PM will install. Does the same (I think) as booting up in Safe Mode without actually doing so. Pathetic Adobe .. really pathetic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clarification: Successful install on Win 10 Pro x64 (v1909) and I am licensed PM5 thru 7 user. I discovered the fix after 4 unsuccessful installs without a reboot then killing the Creative Cloud app. When I did all the dialogs from 4 install attempts popped up. Isn't that groovy? Is that the behavior of malware or what? InDesign is fab but it's not priced reasonably for a solo package. $20 a month for it? No way. The complete Photoshop package should be included in a Desktop Publishing package along with ID with a reasonable bump on the monthly subscription. $15 to $20 for PS/LR/ID/etc? I'd buy that ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines