Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pages suddenly turned blank with no content

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

So I was working on our latest magazine issue - ready to go to print - and needed to fix a font that wasn't embedded. 

Went to fix the problem, closed the file, re-opened it to export it and a bunch of pages just went blank. When I open the file, it says that links are missing - the problem is, that it won't let me re-link them. I already tried to export it as an IDML and it did not fit it. 

Any suggestions? 

We were supposed to go to print today but if I don't find a solution I'm going to have to re-do the entire magazine. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look in the Story Editor and Layers panel to see if the information was still there? What do you see in the Layers panel for the pages that are missing text?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane, 

Yes, unfortunately there are no layers for all the pages that went blank nor any links at all - meaning I cannot re-link anythign as its like the artwork was never there. I tried to export it as an IDML, but that didn't solve the issue either. 

I'm pretty sure I lost half of it - as 33 out of 60 pages are blank - I just want to make sure it doesn't happen in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rebeka5E95 wrote:

I just want to make sure it doesn't happen in the future!

Most of us make incremental backups along the way. Some folks number them. I like to package the file and include the date in the name. On the days I work a lot of hours, I add AM, PM, and EVE. The older backups can be deleted, but always keep enough to be safe.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you have a recent backup? One might have been made for you if you used a cloud storage service that creates backups automatically. (I don't think the CC Files does.)

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines