• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph Shading color changes when converting to InDesign 2017

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open documents created in the previous version of InDesign CC with InDesign 2017, all of the paragraph shading applied to various paragraphs changes color to "none" making the shading disappear altogether.

This issue is compounded by the fact that there isn't a paragraph shading option in the find/replace box so I can't with any certainty search for all instances of paragraph shading. I can change the stylesheets which now have the colors set to "none", but I have a lot of stylesheets and over 900 pages to go through.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I am using a Mac with Sierra and InDesign CC 2017.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 12.07.26 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this. I just tried to replicate it and couldn't. Is it across documents, or just one in particular? I don't have Sierra, so my situation doesn't match yours exactly.

Have you reset preferences and/or repaired your Mac's permissions?

Last ditch: save as an IDML file and open in 2017.

Want to share the files with me (or one to test) and see if it converts okay on my end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erica

It is across all the documents. IDML produces same situation, but with additional issues (running heads disappear).

Thanks for offering to look at a file. What's the best way to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kate: you can put it on dropbox and either post a link to it publicly, or if you prefer, send the link just to Erica Gamet as a personal message by hovering over her name and clicking on Message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent her a link to my dropbox. Thanks...I figured out how to send a message. I might get used to technology after all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes. Okay. Let me see if I at least get the same results...maybe start to narrow it down. Let me PM you a dropbox link. As soon as I figure out how to PM you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here, do we have any update like below.

Troubleshoot issues after updating to InDesign CC 2017.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please can you share me your InDesign document so that I can also have a look into the issue?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Aman,

Sample files are placed in below dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7k5ukfsp7gsm6h/CC_Test.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines