Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph Style Issue with a, b, c, d Format

Participant ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

Please see the attached for a visual. I created a paragrah style and changed the List Type to Numbers and the Format to a, b, c, d and for some reason the lsit isn't changing to a consective order. It displays a, a, a as seen in the grab.

Funny thing, if I do this with out a style, the order displays correctly, however I am working on a 100 page document with a lot this formatting and a style seems to be the most effiecent way to go.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Jason

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

The post below explains how to set up a nested list.

Briefly, both levels need the same List name, level 1 needs to Continue from Previous Numbers, while level 2 needs to Continue from Previous Numbers and Restart Numbers At This Level After Any Previous Level. If you have questions after working through the post, please come back and ask us.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-basic-nested-lists/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the Mode to Continue From Previous Number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do that, it continues from m,n,o since I have this style set to another list. Is there a way to start each list with a, b, c that I assign this style too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The post below explains how to set up a nested list.

Briefly, both levels need the same List name, level 1 needs to Continue from Previous Numbers, while level 2 needs to Continue from Previous Numbers and Restart Numbers At This Level After Any Previous Level. If you have questions after working through the post, please come back and ask us.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-basic-nested-lists/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines