• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph styles and images

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can a vector graphic be embedded in a paragraph style?

TOPICS
Print , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy:

No. But tell us how what you are trying to do and maybe we can suggest another approach.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker (Adobe's other page layout application) can do that automatically, but InDesign cannot. I'm guessing scripting is the answer, but I'm not the one to help with that. I'll add a scripting tag to this post and let's see if someone else can help.

~Barb

Edit: Never mind, you already added it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing XML into an InDesign Template and have paragraph styles written for Category Titles. My client decided they wanted to put a vector image at the beginning of each category title. I would like to incorporate this into the paragraph style so the image can flow into the document without little to no tweaking once that text is in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a custom font from your vector graphic (requires separate tool).

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/ot-svg-color-fonts.html

Use that font for a bullet.

https://helpx.adobe.com/en/indesign/using/bullets-numbering.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

if the vector graphic's color is monochrome without any shading one could do it.

What you need as a minimum is a font that has the vector graphic's shape saved as glyph. Best at Unicode 2022 BULLET.

And if that is accomplished you could define a bullet point's character style with that font and glyph, give it a fill color and apply it as bullet of a bulleted list in the paragraph style definition.

To convert a vector graphic to a glyph and, in the end, create a new OpenType font you could use the InDesign script IndyFont by Jongware and Marc Autret: http://www.indiscripts.com/category/projects/IndyFont

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you may need to create anchor objects and set the anchor settings so that in that anchor you can place image set for each catagory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines