Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste content to anew document resizing by dragging

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I hope to explain myself in the right way.

I have a content on a ID document. Test, images, logos.

I select all and I want to paste it on a new document with a different size but I'd like to have all the content at the cursor and then click and drag to resize. As I do when I insert an image after a ctrl+D.

I also tried to create a box and do a "paste into" but is disabled.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your help.

Federico

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

I don't think that is possible exactly as you want, even dragging and dropping would not allow you to place the elements by clicking one by one. One thing you could investigate is the content collector tool, using this you can collect all the content that you want from the source document and then place it on the destination. See the following video for more details

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/atv/cs6-tutorial/using-the-content-collector-and-content-placer-tools.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is possible exactly as you want, even dragging and dropping would not allow you to place the elements by clicking one by one. One thing you could investigate is the content collector tool, using this you can collect all the content that you want from the source document and then place it on the destination. See the following video for more details

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/atv/cs6-tutorial/using-the-content-collector-and-content-placer-too...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Manan for your answer.

I didn't know the collector tool, very useful.

Otherwise I need to move all the content (grouped) in another document with the same proportions but smaller.

That's why I asked. I need to resize all the group proportionally.

Now I do it manually so I asked if was possible to do it by clicking and dragging as if I insert a content via CTRL+D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines