• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste Excel Table into Indesign as Image

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to copy/paste an excel table into indesign as an image.  I can make it work if I copy from excel, paste into publisher or word (as "special") and then copy/paste (or place) that image into InDesign.  This preserves the content exactly as it was, and can it can be re-sized like an image.  Seems like there should be an easier way?  I can't "code" so I need the instructions for dummies.... thanks all.  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Do you know that you can navigate to the Home tab in Excel and choose Copy > Copy as Picture (As Shown When Printed) in the Clipboard group? Then you can paste directly into InDesign and bypass the other apps.

copy.png

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paste it into Photoshop. Save as PSD, TIF or PNG, but honestly, that is not a great workflow.

If you place it as a formatted table, it should keep most of the formatting and you can tweak as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know that you can navigate to the Home tab in Excel and choose Copy > Copy as Picture (As Shown When Printed) in the Clipboard group? Then you can paste directly into InDesign and bypass the other apps.

copy.png

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot about that but it's a pretty down and dirty method. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WHOA Barb!  That's exactly what I was looking for...  paste into InDesign and I can READ it and size it...etc.

I knew it was somewhere - thanks for your help!!

LAW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines