• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste multiple graphics and text without formatting

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a design with images, copy and graphics. I need to paste it into another InDesign document, when I do it changes the font, puts strokes on the boxes etc. Is there a way to paste it and preserve all the formatting? I know this is possible with text but I need to do it with everything. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Styles menu (top right of panels for Character styles, paragraphs styles...) you will be able to import the styles from one file to another. The same technique works for colours, object styles, TOC....

Also, you can File > Place an InDesign file inside an InDesign file. In the past, I dragged spreads from the Pages panel to another Pages panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is happening because the copied content has the same style names applied as those in the destination document—or because they are based on a style with the same name.

For example, if you have a frame with an Object style called "Box" applied in the source document and it's attributes include a red fill, when you paste this into the destination document, where there is an Object Style called "Box" that has a yellow fill, it will end up being yellow. 

Or if you have text in the source document that has a Paragraph Style applied that is based on [Basic Paragraph] and you paste it into the destination document where [Basic Paragraph] is defined differently, then the formats of the text will change.

Make sure the style names (paragraph, character, and object are different) or change the based on properties for the content you are copying.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines