• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasteboard is large only on top

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, one of my documents seems to have a hand full of pages that have gotten a massive amount of dead space on the top of the pasteboard between pages. 

I have gone to edit - preferences - guides and pasteboard and my vertical margins are only 0.5".  I do have wide horizontal margins because I prefer that but that is something I do very regularly without issue. 

It is not every page it is just some pages.  They all seem to be getting the same master page but there are others with that same master that are not doing it. 

It is just super annoying when I scroll.  This is a document I made a while ago and this has just started not sure if it is document related or more of an INDD program issue or what. 

I attached a few screenshots for reference. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be missing something, but the vertical pasteboard margins looks consistent in your screenshots. Can you not zoom out quite so much, maybe change to light interface for screen grabs?

There was an issue many years ago where the pasteboard could grow to an enormous size and the solution was to delete InDesign Preferences https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html. Always a good start for wonky behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll see of k can get better ones tomorrow at the office. But if you look at the one that is pasteboqrd kne there are 4 pages the bottom 3 all consistent with the preference settings the one that is the top has all that dead space above it. You can see the ruler at the top and the space goes on further of o kept scrolling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines