• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paths in InDesign

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been some considerable time since I typed in InDesign. In the pst I have used Paths which allow for text in a title to vary in size, etc.

I now want to do this again, but I have forgotten how to create a path on which I can then type.

What I am asking is how do I makt the path? This is all ... please do not tell me about other or additinal things. I have tried the Internet and all I could find after a frustrateing period was what can be dione with the path. But, no simple direction on making the Path.

Thank you,

Earl

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For a beginner, the easiest way to create a path is to use the Pencil tool (shown below):

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 3.29.36 PM.png

With the Pencil tool, you can drag it just like an analog pencil to create a path. A Pen tool would create a smoother path but a Pencil is easier.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 3.29.53 PM.png

Then choose the Type on a Path tool found under the regular Type tool.

Move over the path until you see a + next to your cursor and click. Then you can start typing.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 3.30.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines