Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pattern vanishing when exporting to PDF

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am using InDesign to make a brochure - I am relativey new to this program and think I must be missing something. I started with an InDesign template which already contained the patterns visible behind the images. When I export to a PDF for print, the patterns on the first page export however the patter on the second page is missing (images attached).

How can I fix this??

Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

The pattern is actually an extremely complicated groups of groups of tiny compound objects. I could only examine it by copying the object into another file. Who ever created it never tested the way it would look when previewed. And the folks at Adobe Stock didn't check either.

In your file, this is the Normal view which shows all the very tiny paths:

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 6.07.53 PM.png

But if you turn on Preview (which shows the way it will export or print) shows like this:

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 6.08.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign cannot create patterns like that. We would have to know how the pattern was created and stored to be able to help you.

Can you post a copy of the file and share a link to it. You could post it on a service like Dropbox and create a link to share. Or you can do the same thing with Adobe Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve!

The link is as follows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cv717600ow1opx/Updated%20Whitening%20Broucher.indd?dl=0

It was an Adobe InDesign Template I've worked from I don't have any copy of the pattern or know how it was created!

The template was called Diseno de folleto triple con encanto and was from Adobe Stock (found when searching for brochures). Could it be that template just wasn't compaitable? I had gone to Adobe Stock through clicking the template options in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pattern is actually an extremely complicated groups of groups of tiny compound objects. I could only examine it by copying the object into another file. Who ever created it never tested the way it would look when previewed. And the folks at Adobe Stock didn't check either.

In your file, this is the Normal view which shows all the very tiny paths:

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 6.07.53 PM.png

But if you turn on Preview (which shows the way it will export or print) shows like this:

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 6.08.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bottom Line: Always view your file with Preview turned on to see how it will export or print. But you just got "burned" because no one tested how the template would actually work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines