• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF export failed

Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always the same "export failed" alert when exporting (that even if I add a blank page and juste export a BLANK page...)

How come ?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the export fail also, if you have only a blank page or when you add a blank page?

What are the export settings? Which PDF export? Print or Interactive?

What is the content of that document? What kind of images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the answer on the next response 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that answer does not cover my question. Important is to know which file types you use.

PDF/X-3 is not recommended, even its author does not recommend its use. There are several cases with differnt results in aspect of output colors. If cmyk is requesting required, use PDF/X-1a,  Better is to use X-4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Answered on the comment bellow, hope this helps. Yes PDF/X-3 might be because I have an old preset, but I'll change that to PDF/X-4, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any "internal EPS" (e.g. imported formules or copy-pasted comples graphics from AI)? such items mainly call this alert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months back I had to work on the same project and everything was fine, now I took that file and made the new campaign and when exporting I have the problem. 

It works when I export in smaller definition (150dpi).

Otherwise on the file there is only pitures, texte and some vectoral shapes.

It's a simple file for newspaper printing. This is going to be a problem as I need to export that file for printing for the client in a few weeks. 

I'll try tonight on my personnal computer to see if anything changes.

- InDesign 16.2.1

- MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

I exported the pdf exporting summary (from the PDF export pannel) does this help ?

It's in french, if needed I can expoert it in english later on my personnal computer. 

Hope this helps, and if you need anything else to understand better just ask. Thanks

Capture d’écran 2021-05-21 à 13.38.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but I meant what kind of graphics you used. The vector shapes — are they created in InDesign, imported the regular way (File > Place) or copy/pasted directly from the vector editor? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes then I do have some vector graphics that I copy / past into InDesign from Illustrator (just a logo).

A picture, imported normally (File > place). And some text but that's it...

And that file had no trouble a few months back (everything was the same, just the picture changed).

Cannot say wich version of InDesign it was tough...

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines