Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Export Failure ID 2021

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community.
I created a flyer with the 2020 v ersion and recently updated ID to 2021. When I now try to export the file to PDF, I get strange message:
1 Problem (1 Error) with a background task:
Export "filename.pdf"
Thats it, no more info, no PDF export possible. WTF Adobe?

Need help as fast as possible, or I cannot have the customer file printed!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-25 um 12.39.17.png

 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click ">" to the left of the warning you should get an explanation of the error.

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The warning message is... "the background task, exporting the file to pdf, could not be completed!" Right, that IS a great explanation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my understanding the export would still happen when hit OK, but you are getting some info about the export. The warning dialog seems a bit too worrysome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get a resolution? I just started having the same problem, and when I click the arrow to the left of the error text, I get the following information: Failed to Export the PDF file. Well, no sh*t. And then I click OK, and nothing happens. The dialogue box goes away and the export has stopped. 

defaultu65mtdbxezpa_0-1607473332748.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I never got any explanation nor help ot tipp.

From one day to the next it was gone. Somebody told me, it was supposed to be a Font issue, but that it was definitely not. I deleted avery singe item in the file and tried the export to find out, if it is a grafix issue ofr a font issue, but even the blank page was not exportable. More so, try to save the file as jpg and I got a blank jpeg file (off course it was with all alements back in).
I restared the Mac and suddenly it worked.

So strange and random!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I messed around a bit more with the file, looked at other threads and tried a few things. One thing that worked was saving the problem file as an IDML file. Once I did that, I closed out of InDesign, opened the IDML file and saw that some (but not all) of the raster graphics were now grayed-out boxes. My conclusion was that those raster files that were now being represented by grayed-out boxes had become corrupt for some reason. Saving as an IMDL somehow removed those corrupt files. So I then resaved the IMDL file as a regular ID file, opened that ID file, recreated the graphics in photoshop, and replaced them in the new ID file. Went to do a PDF export and all is now well. Hope that makes sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it a multipage document? If so can you export one of the pages? Is the problem with a single document, or all documents? Have you tried Saving As an IDML?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines