• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Export Issue

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a 6' x 20' banner design which will be printed on vinyl. When exporting to PDF (Print), I get an error saying that I have exceeded the maximum resolution/size.

I am unsure of how to rectify this issue and do not want to use Photoshop as an alternative.

Please advise.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Max size coming out of InDesign to PDF is a little more than 16 square feet. Work at 50% scale; then print at 200%

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

work proportionaly. are you working with vectors? you could make the document 3 by 10.

can we see what you have going?

Next, check your file, is not that size, 20 feet is 240 inches. Indesign does not even make document that size:

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 3.27.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Max size coming out of InDesign to PDF is a little more than 16 square feet. Work at 50% scale; then print at 200%

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur. Work on a scaled size. For banners that size, you could even work at 1/4 size (which is what I usually do for wall graphics that size). Even if you are working with images, it's very unlikely, at your final size, you need to have image graphics much above 50dpi, so even a 1/4 size file saved at 300dpi would result in 75dpi final at-size resolution... more than enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everyone with a printer over 200 inches will have to deal with this because that's the PDF size limit. Ask the print provider what they prefer - don't guess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines