• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Export Not Correctly Displaying "Exclusion" Blending Modes

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have text in my Indesign file that has the "exclusion" blending mode applied. It looks fine in InDesign, and turns out fine when I export it as .PNG. This is how it looks:

help_indesign.PNG

However, when I export this as .PDF, it comes out like this:

help_export.PNG

Does anyone know a fix for this?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

A Blending Mode Effect changes depending on the document’s Transparency Blend Space—some modes produce very different results when switching between blend spaces. 

Setting your blend space to RGB in InDesign and exporting to a press preset that keeps transparency live and includes a CMYK Output Intent (PDF/X-4), could produce unexprected results with some blend modes. For example here is a red fill set to Exclusion over a white fill, exported to PDF/X-4 with Output Preview turned on in Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A Blending Mode Effect changes depending on the document’s Transparency Blend Space—some modes produce very different results when switching between blend spaces. 

Setting your blend space to RGB in InDesign and exporting to a press preset that keeps transparency live and includes a CMYK Output Intent (PDF/X-4), could produce unexprected results with some blend modes. For example here is a red fill set to Exclusion over a white fill, exported to PDF/X-4 with Output Preview turned on in Acrobat:

Screen Shot 20.png

While an export to the flattened PDF/X-1a produces the expected output preview:

Screen Shot 21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines