• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pdf Export problems with certain characters

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I export a pdf the following characters: 4, &, (,), (;), and (+) they have a white square in them. Does this happen to anyone else? I have no idea how to export my file to avoid this from happening. 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Performance , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you tell us more ? MAc or PC, versin of Indesign ? and the font used 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac, InDesign version 2020, font Source Sans Variable but it's happened on another document where I was using Helvetica.

There's no correlation between both files besides both being larger than 20 pages. When viewing them in a pdf zoomed higher than 150 the squares go away, So I thought I was a clitch with my pdf. But the printer also picked up on the same issues. The only solution I could come up with was to outline my fonts, but I was looking for a better solution. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 3.32.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi emz92,

the white square is not a white square, I think. It's just a blank area.

So as would the text be constructed as a composite path object where the rule how to fill an object is not the usual one.

Something's wrong with that variable font text.

Can you post a sample InDesign document plus the exported PDF where we can see the issue with just some lines of text?

Put the files on Dropbox or a similar service and post the download link.

How exactly did you do the export to PDF?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines