• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf file size increase

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first month producing a small community magazine. I am getting close to the finished product and have made several pdfs to take an overall look. The last one, using smallest file size, was about 5MB.

I made a few very small changes and wanted to take another overall look. This time the file was over 16MB which may be too large to send to some email systems.

I simply can't figure outb what caused the increse?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you modify any of the settings in the export window? If you did, you will see the word (modified) next to the name of the preset (I've circled it in red).

ss.png

If it is modified, you can switch to a different preset, then back to smallest, and it will restore the defaults of that preset. If that's not your issue, please post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I neglected to see if the setting said modified, but I re-saved it in Press Quality and it came out about the same size as our April Issue, about 53MB. That was about what I expected, as we do print as well as deliver online.

However, when I went back to Smallest File Size it was again larger than it should be, about 16 MB. It'a not a big deal, but as I mentioned in my orginial post I'm a little concerned that some email systems might reject it as too large. It goes to about 2,000 email addresses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put it on the web and provide a download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're going to continue with the print edition of your magazine and also want a digital version, why not export the print version to InDesign's Publish Online – you can add the URL link on your website and email the link to subscribers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a community magazine for a 55+ community in Arizona. When times are normal the oldsters, like me, seem to prefer the print edition. But right now we have no way to distribute it so we have gone 100% digital. It is also sent each week with a blast email the HOA distributes so, as I mentioned previously, the larger file size isn't a big problem. I was more concerned that I had never seen this happen before and wanted to find out why it did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines