Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf prints on different page size than ID file is set up for

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!,

I have a file, small at the moment but will enlarge to 500+ pages, that is set to a page size of 150mm wide by 230mm high. When I export this file to a pdf, it prints out as an A4 size? How can I get the page size to remain at 150 x 230?

Thanks for any help!

Steve

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

my guess is the PDF has the right page size, but your print settings are set to scale the print.

For the exact page size open the PDF in Acrobat Pro DC, go to category Print Production > Set Page Boxes and look after TrimBox size. If you want see units in "Millimeters", first visit Acrobat's Preferences > Units & Guides and change Page & Riler Units to "Millimeters".

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe, will try that in the morning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are printing from Acrobat, make sure your print setting is set to "Actual Size" and not "Fit" (or "Shrink"), as that will enlarge your document to print inside the printable limits of the A4.

Like as attached (this is a Mac Acrobat, but there will be similiar setting is the PC version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thanks, mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That worked, thanks but does this mean I have to keep subscribing to Adobe for Acrobat? 

Please excuse my levels of ignorance!

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader will fit for printing to 100% as well.

But yes, if you are working for print related workflows, a document with 500+ pages, it is mandatory to check and preflight exported PDFs in Acrobat Pro before sending them to any printing company.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Uwe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines