• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF won’t export with embedded gif

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a one sheet marketing pice and created a gif to be imbedded in the document, exported as an interactive PDF. 

I made the gif and exported it in 3 formats to try everything - mp4, MOV, and GIF. 

Each time I export the pdf thiugh the gif/video never appears, however when I view the EPub preview in the animation window, I can clearly see the gif showing up and acting as it should. 

Should I bet setting some sort of animation for it to show up? Missing something in the process? I've followed every video/article out there but nothing seems to work. 

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF file format never has supported GIF animations. It was never and is not possible.

As for videos, there are multiple issues related to the current readers, Windows settings, OS, and more. Refer to

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/playing-embedded-video-without-flash/td-p/11266205/pag...

Unless it is a link to a video on YouTube (or similar), avoid PDF and videos. PDF is the wrong format to embed videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

it appears from thag thread too that the only way to export it with compatible embedded media is by exporting as an online file? Could you confirm that? 

I've also tried exporting as an HTML file but the layout is unconfigured on the export for some reason. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try InDesign's Publish Online (from your InDesign document).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Could you specify though the file exetension that should be?

When I export as an HTML the exported file configures every image in the document separately, and a completely different layout than designed in Indesign. 

Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't export as HTML, use Publish Online, it is HTML5 and hosted on Adobe’s servers.

To learn what interactive features you can use and more, have a look at Diane Burns video tutorial on LinkedIn Learning (you can get 30-days free access).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to Derek's comments, there are so many interactive and media elements you can add to your InDesign file if your final output is via Publish Online. It's a one-click process on your side, and anyone with a browser can view it. Check out the many examples of documents here: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

And here is my Publish Online course on LinkedIn Learning: http://bit.ly/IDPubOn-LIL

You may also be interested in my course on creating animations with InDesign: http://bit.ly/IDAnimations-LIL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines