• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs exported as individual pages?

New Here ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make PDFs exporting as individual pages? I can't believe that Quark Xpress has it and Adobe doesn't! Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

I'm sure there's a script for that, but It's easy enough to open the file in Acrobat and extract the pages.

I've never met a printer, by the way, who wanted separate files for the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of ID are you using, and are you exporting PDF (Print) -- in which case you would get single pages by default, or PDF (Interactive) where the default is spreads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CC version and exporting as PDF print!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Spreads is not checked in the export dialog, and that the viewer isn't set to display pages 2-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to export each page as individual file. I'm advanced user and I know what you are describing, but thats not the feature request I had in mind. INDesign exports all the pages in one single PDF file. Request is to have an option to separate all the pages into single files. Just like Quark. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure there's a script for that, but It's easy enough to open the file in Acrobat and extract the pages.

I've never met a printer, by the way, who wanted separate files for the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant find the script. It is not easy to separate PDFs in Acrobat. My company does 1000s of PDFs a day. Once you export multipage PDF, you have to go to acrobat, open it up and then go in separation window, which doesn't keep recent used settings nor location. There are so many clicks to be done in order to separate files. This includes browsing for same folder where your original PDF was located since Acrobat defaults to desktop. Every single time. Then you have to delete the original. Same goes for Illustrator. Again, Quark has this in the export options. Very simple! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no trouble finding a script with Google: Exporting individual pages to PDF / Indesign

And I'm quite sure that extracting pages to the same folder can be scripted in Acrobat as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ill try!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Peter's answer solve your issue? If so, please update the forum so that we can continue to troubleshoot with you if needed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've written an AppleScript that does this. It has the following features:

• Export PDFs and/or JPEGs straight to the Indesign file folder or automatically to a sub folder with a specific name.
  • Exports individual pages. Each page is specifically named from one of the following options:

– Indesign filename & suffix-of-your-choice & page no.

– CSV or text file (names separated by returns).

– The content of a character style from each page.

– The content of a paragraph style from each page.

• It includes the option to combine the exported JPEG files into a single PDF meaning that you have a PDF that only contains flattened images.
  • It can export the current document or all open documents.

http://www.drscripto.com/?p=873

It's a free download with no registration so if you want to hear about updates, leave a comment or your name through the contact form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're interested in a commercial product, then our Output Factory can do what you need - and much, much more:

http://zevrix.com/OutputFactory.php

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Leo Revzin

--

Zevrix Solutions

Solutions for Graphics, Print & File Delivery

www.zevrix.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an easy one. In the 'Export Adobe PDF' dialogue box, General tab, in the 'Pages' box just check off 'Create Separate PDF files.'

This will export each page of your document as its own separate PDF.

Whew! That was hard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To those who don’t see the feature, it only became available in March 2018 in the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest update and do not see that feature. I just open the file in Acrobat and use the Extract pages tool, and save as separate files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure you have InDesign CC2018 version 13.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of InDesign CC and it's not a feature available to me. I am on a Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-12-07 at 20.54.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to see the feature is (finally) added to InDesign. But still not many options. I've made a free script to export single pages that provides more options. Have a look here: https://www.marspremedia.com/software/indesign/pdf-export-single-pages

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@willcampbell7 

Thanks for making this available. Fits in nice with my other scripts for exporting object. Like selected images, all images etc etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One small remark or suggestion, if your open to that.

When doing separate pages export. Would it perhaps be handy if say a paragraph style can be used to name each file?
The reason i ask this is because i use this exporter for a data-merge project, businesscards. Would be nice if we could use the name of the person so each file is named properly. Would save quite some renaming work.

That should be doable right? I wanted to do it myself but its impossible ofcourse with the source being jsxbin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have another script for that...

https://www.marspremedia.com/software/indesign/export-named-pages

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older versions of Acrobat X (10.1.16 is the one I use) allow you to take the original PDF and extract pages individually under Tools/Pages/Extract. Easy. The CC version (which I seldom use) doesn't allow this, or if it does, it is not easy to find. Export it from InD with crops and whatnot, then extract in Acrobat. The newer version is not as intuitive as older versions. Glad to see InD allows it, but my OS is too old to update. Glad I kept the older versions of CS, the Adobe Cloud is so demanding, tempted to divorce it. Unfortunately, I have clients that use it—Love hate thang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nonsense, about Acrobat DC not being intuitive. You can do a search in the Tool search field (at the top) for whatever you're looking for. It's in Organize Pages:

Acrobat Pro DC005.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the pdf as single pages. Open the PDF and then use the Split tool to split the document into single pages. Easy as can be.

If you want to export each page with bleed into a separate file, it is more complicated but relatively easy to do.

Here is how I figured it out.

In InDesign

First, I changed deselected the "facing pages" option in the document set up found in the "file" menu. To make sure all items on the page don't move around and to avoid the master page settings change when the order of the pages moves, I changed the margins and columns and I overrode all master page items.

1. select all pages and go to the pages panel options and select override master page.

2. Select all pages and apply the default master page or "none"

3. Select all pages and then go to Layout > Margins and Columns, change the margins and columns so that they are centered on the page. I typed in "0" as the starting location for the margins. When the margins and columns are centered the items on your page will not move because the margins and columns remain in the same location.

4. Deactivate the "facing pages" option. Go to File > Document Setup and uncheck the "facing pages" option. Press "OK"

5. Go through your pages and you should see all single pages with all items in the same position as they were originally. The only thing left to do is to make sure that items that are meant to bleed are extended out to the bleed line.

6. Export your doc as PDF

7. Open the PDF, use the split tool to split the PDF into individual pages.

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines