• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs exported as individual pages?

New Here ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make PDFs exporting as individual pages? I can't believe that Quark Xpress has it and Adobe doesn't! Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

I'm sure there's a script for that, but It's easy enough to open the file in Acrobat and extract the pages.

I've never met a printer, by the way, who wanted separate files for the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

daniele55ama  wrote

First, I changed deselected the "facing pages" option in the document set up found in the "file" menu. T

Just only export pages and not spreads. You do not need the rest, just move on to point 7.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would be correct if you don't want bleed on all four sides of every page. Exporting as pages does not show the bleed on all sides. I recently had to do this for a catalog. The printer required all pages to be saved as individual PDFs with bleed.

Do you have a better solution for saving individual pages with bleed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniele,

if you do bleed on all sides export to single files per page will exactly reflect this: Bleed on all sides.

( Just tested with InDesign CC 2018.1 version 13.1.0.76 )

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, here is my question to you. If you have a book or a magazine layout in spreads, how would you extend an item to the bleed mark on the right side of the left page of the layout when the right page has different content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In pages panel fly-out menu, disable "Allow Document Pages to Shuffle". Then manually shift any pages that are not natural cross-overs (pages beside each other that differ in content, each of which needs its own bleed). The idea is to make a checkerboard pages arrangement. Then any pages that need it can have spine bleed pulled out. Ends up looking like...

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 7.43.04 AM.png

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! this works just fine.

I had read a similar comment somewhere else but I must have misunderstood. Instead of disabling "Allow Document Pages to Shuffle", I activated it.

What makes this solution work, is that I can apply this to the pages that need a bleed on all sides and it does not move my layout or master pages. Disabling spread layout within the document setup menu moves the content around according to the guides and margins and reassigns master pages as well.

Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precisely why this method is preferred. Disabling facing pages makes a mess of things, and unspreads all. This way any spreads with cross-overs can stay together as they should (bleed for each is the continuing image on the adjacent page). Or spreads that have no spine bleed either page, those too can stay together (or not, doesn't matter). The point is the operator has control over which pages checkerboard and which remain in spreads. Then export as single pages (or extract all in Acrobat afterwards), and everything works out just fine.

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

daniele55ama  wrote

Ok, here is my question to you. If you have a book or a magazine layout in spreads, how would you extend an item to the bleed mark on the right side of the left page of the layout when the right page has different content?

Hi Daniele,

there are two ways I know of:

1. Rearrange pages in the Pages panel like described here:

https://indesignsecrets.com/breaking-pages-apart-to-bleed-off-a-spine.php

For this there is a script by Harbs that makes things a lot easier if you have to do that with a lot of pages:

Separate Pages Script | in-tools.com

Make sure that:

A. There are no objects crossing the spine

B. Your inner and outer margin values are the same if you are using the script.

Experimental:

2. Select all pages with the Page Tool and skew the pages with the Transformation panel.

Use menu command Select All to get all pages of the document after switching to the Page Tool.

That will give room for inner bleed. In my little sample below I skewed to 4°.

Leave the masters alone.

Export to PDF while the pages are skewed.

The contents in the exported PDF will not be skewed, if you do not export spreads but single pages.

Important:

A. Guides on the pages will not be skewed. (The ones from the masters are as you can see below. )

B. If you skew back all the pages your inner bleed will overlap other items on the opposite page.

Some screenshots to show this:

InnerBleed-FacingPages-SkewedPages-1.PNG

InnerBleed-FacingPages-SkewedPages-2.PNG

Now export to PDF with bleed running around all sides.

After that skew back the pages. Use the Page Tool and do Select All. Use the Transformation Panel for skewing:

InnerBleed-FacingPages-SkewedPages-3.PNG

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines