Highlighted

Performance problems after updating to InDesign 2020 15.0.2 and 15.02.3 on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until InDesign 2020 15.0 it worked fine. After the update to 2020 15.0.1 performance is a disaster. Every simple action takes a long time and I see constantly the blue cirle spinning (grrr). After installing 2020 15.0 again it worked fine. Then I though I will just wait for the next update, but the same problem occured after this update. I really need to be up-to-date to work properly together with other colleagues and third parties.

I work on a Windows 10 Pro pc (with 16GB physical memory + 8.47GB virtual memory)

Thank you for your help.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Performance problems after updating to InDesign 2020 15.0.2 and 15.02.3 on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until InDesign 2020 15.0 it worked fine. After the update to 2020 15.0.1 performance is a disaster. Every simple action takes a long time and I see constantly the blue cirle spinning (grrr). After installing 2020 15.0 again it worked fine. Then I though I will just wait for the next update, but the same problem occured after this update. I really need to be up-to-date to work properly together with other colleagues and third parties.

I work on a Windows 10 Pro pc (with 16GB physical memory + 8.47GB virtual memory)

Thank you for your help.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patricia,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue? Does it seem to work better if you work in Safe mode ((https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode)?

We're here to help, just need few more details to understand the issue better.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, but I have problems with InDesign,not with Illustrator. And secondly  as I also work with other tools and software at the same time I think working in Safemode should not be the solution? We expect to get software that works.

I was wondering if the minimum system requirements for the new versions as from version 15.0.1 are different? 

Are there also other people who encounter this problem?

I am now forced to continue using version 15.0.1, but with this I will probably face some problems in future when exchanging files with agencies and colleagues?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the type error. Checking in Safe mode is for testing purpose only. We need to find if there is any software or service which conflicting with InDesign.
Minimum system requirements for all the versions of 2020 is same. Also, the files created in 15.0.1 should open in version 15.0.3.
I would request if you could reach us out via chat support (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) for a live session in your free time. We'd be happy to help troubleshoot if you'd like.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0