• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Persistant Indesign quitting issues?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wondering if anyone else is have persistant Indesign quitting issues?

I'm running:

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 15.51.49.png

 For the past 3/4 months there has been persistant and more and more frequent issue with Indesign (16.0.2) bombing out! There dosent seem to be a pattern? Closing docs, opening multiple docs, saving, cut and pasting, importing images, the list could fill a hole page. 

If there are any Adobe engineers with any ideas of a fix I would really appriciate it.

Thanks

Paul

TOPICS
Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably, you've tried resetting the InDesign preferences?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Yes have dump the prefs, and done a hard reboot on the app as well. I'm not running many fonts and none are currupt, so I'm at complete loss on what's causing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have plenty of spare disk space?

And just to double-check your reset procedure:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

It might be worth getting your graphics card checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes exactly the same key commands. And my Mac is very well specked with plenty of ram and flash memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth getting your graphics card checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the recomdation but my college is running an identical mac and indd version and he is having exactly the same issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you upgraded to InDesign 16.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek,

Just seen the upgrade so fingers crossed. Thanks for your suggestions.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have had a very similar problem. InDesign randomly quits when scrolling, clicking cursor and especially when closing a document. What has been most annoying and not just a little worrying is that 1 out of say 12 to 15 times (yes it happens that often) I'll get a warning that the file is damaged. Luckily I only had to rebuild a file once otherwise I've tried to copy backup files. I see today there's a full point version update (16.1) which mentioned stability improvements so fingers crossed this is finally the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm happy to report that after my first full working day with 16.1 ID hasn't crashed once. It was a bit of a wait and a few grey hairs but thanks Adobe, my faith is restored...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines