• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

phantom paragraph indent in text box

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all; am having an issue I've never had before. I'm copy-pasting text into InDesign from Word, and a small left indent has appeared on everything I paste or type. The left image below shows what it's doing, and the right shows how it's supposed to look (which I realize is a given, but for clarity's sake).

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 2.45.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-21 at 2.45.27 PM.png

I have changed the paragraph and character styles, and there's no indent in either of them, or in the paragraph styling itself. I've tried making other text boxes and there's still an indent. I'm working on a magazine that I have split into halves (working from home on a laptop instead of my desktop that can handle it, RIP), and it's doing the same thing in both files -- to be fair, they do have the same set of paragraph and character styles, but I still don't understand where the indent is coming from.

Help?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

The text frame could have an inset:

Screen Shot 4.png

or it could be Optical Margin Alignment set to a large amount

Screen Shot 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text frame could have an inset:

Screen Shot 4.png

or it could be Optical Margin Alignment set to a large amount

Screen Shot 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha! Optical margin alignment was set to 41pt for some godforsaken reason. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines