• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos are blurry once packaged through indesign

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to package a portfolio that I made for weeks. I've changed the PPIs, have my folder in a high resolution, embedded images, and everything you can name. The photos and texts have great resolution until I package my file. Before I package, there is an error with links and images, yet all of the images are linked, nothing is missing, and nothing is inaccessible. Why are they only blurry after packaging, and how can I fix this error? 

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Do you mean that the actual images have been reduced in size and/or resolution after being packaged? Or do you maybe mean that the screen view of the images when seen through InDesign is blurry? If the latter is the case then see what happens when you go through View>Display Performance>High Quality Display. If the former is the case then during the package process what is the Effective ppi of the images as shown in the Links and Images tab of the Package dialog that appears? For the images to l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Embedding images in InDesign is usually not recommended, leave the images linked, packaging the InDesign file will include all used links*. What does the error message say? Is the PDF created by packaging blurry? If so, change the compression settings to Do not downsample.

*links that use other links or fonts won't include the (secondary) links and fonts when InDesign is packaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that the actual images have been reduced in size and/or resolution after being packaged? Or do you maybe mean that the screen view of the images when seen through InDesign is blurry? If the latter is the case then see what happens when you go through View>Display Performance>High Quality Display. If the former is the case then during the package process what is the Effective ppi of the images as shown in the Links and Images tab of the Package dialog that appears? For the images to look good the effective ppi (what the resolution is at the size the image is being used) should be around 300 ppi.

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 9.24.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Embedding images in InDesign is usually not recommended, leave the images linked, packaging the InDesign file will include all used links*. What does the error message say? Is the PDF created by packaging blurry? If so, change the compression settings to Do not downsample.

*links that use other links or fonts won't include the (secondary) links and fonts when InDesign is packaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines