Photos (placed as part of Word doc) go outside of text frames when using Find/Change to style text

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow involves importing reports written in word that contain text, images and tables (see image 1) into a indesign pre-made template with client logo, details etc on each page (see image 2).

Img 1

1.PNG

Img 2
2.PNG

I do this by using the 'Place' function to import the Word doc (see image 3). The document is placed correctly - text and images are in order and Word styling is retained for text (see image 4). 

Img 3

3.PNG

Img 4

4.PNG

I then need to change different text within the ID document to match the styling for the template. I do this by using the 'Find/Change' function (see image 5). Chaning the text works fine howver, after I apply this all the photos go outside the text frame (see image 6). 

Img 5

5.PNG

Img 6

6.PNG

Is there any way to prevent this from happening or to re-arrange the images automatically? 

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photos (placed as part of Word doc) go outside of text frames when using Find/Change to style text

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow involves importing reports written in word that contain text, images and tables (see image 1) into a indesign pre-made template with client logo, details etc on each page (see image 2).

Img 1

1.PNG

Img 2
2.PNG

I do this by using the 'Place' function to import the Word doc (see image 3). The document is placed correctly - text and images are in order and Word styling is retained for text (see image 4). 

Img 3

3.PNG

Img 4

4.PNG

I then need to change different text within the ID document to match the styling for the template. I do this by using the 'Find/Change' function (see image 5). Chaning the text works fine howver, after I apply this all the photos go outside the text frame (see image 6). 

Img 5

5.PNG

Img 6

6.PNG

Is there any way to prevent this from happening or to re-arrange the images automatically? 

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2020 0

Have something to add?