• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placed Object Exhibits Transparency

Explorer ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a layout using a photo in a frame, a black box (registration black) at 100% Opacity across the bottom with white text in the black box. I then saved this as a jpg so I could put it into a 4up layout for printing. The single layout prints fine but when the 4-up layout is printed the black box is transparent, about 50%, and shows the underlying image. The transparency of the black box is not visible on the monitor in the 4up layout.

If I create a PDF, there is no transparency when placed in the 4up layout.

I'm using a Mac Pro, 2012 running High Sierra, 10.13.6, InDesign is the latest version from Adobe. I have attached the InDesign layout for 1up, 4up, and the image.

I'm printing to a Canon i700 via a Fiery printserver.

Thanks for any help.

Terry

TOPICS
Bug , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

The black box in the single page page layout is regular black, which is fine, although I see you have a rich black swatch in your file, this would be better. You do not want to use the Registration color, this will produce a color which is 100% of all the colors (including spot colors) used in your file, which is too much ink.

You can place your 1-up InDesign file into your 4-up file, there is no need to export to a PDF or jpeg first, or you can copy and paste the card into the 4-up file.

I can'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

The single layout prints fine

The RGB and CMYK Color Management Policies for your 4-up document are set to Convert To Working Space, which probably accounts for the different values in the black band—the CMYK policy in your single version is set to Preserve Numbers (Ignore Linked Profiles) . You can reset the policies of the 4-up document by closing it, in Color Settings set the desired policy and check Ask When Opening, reopen the file and make the change when prompted.

The values could als

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The black box in the single page page layout is regular black, which is fine, although I see you have a rich black swatch in your file, this would be better. You do not want to use the Registration color, this will produce a color which is 100% of all the colors (including spot colors) used in your file, which is too much ink.

You can place your 1-up InDesign file into your 4-up file, there is no need to export to a PDF or jpeg first, or you can copy and paste the card into the 4-up file.

I can't see any reason why the black box on your 4-up file is not solid black. Try re-building it as I suggested and export it as PDF/X-4 (Print).

This appears to be a card, if so, you also need to adjust the crop and fold marks so the card has bleed on 3 sides and one mark for the fold. Also, use Acrobat or Adobe Reader to view PDFs, with the display preference to show overprint set to Always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The single layout prints fine

The RGB and CMYK Color Management Policies for your 4-up document are set to Convert To Working Space, which probably accounts for the different values in the black band—the CMYK policy in your single version is set to Preserve Numbers (Ignore Linked Profiles) . You can reset the policies of the 4-up document by closing it, in Color Settings set the desired policy and check Ask When Opening, reopen the file and make the change when prompted.

The values could also change depending on how you exported the PDF, so instead of exporting a PDF you can cut and paste the single version as Luke suggests, or place the InDesign file. InDesign files can be placed the same way you would place an image or PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines