Highlighted

Placed PDF - Export to PDF - Original PDF Links Missing

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a data PDF that has hundreds of active hyperlinks in it that I am importing into InDesign. When I export the project from InDesign all the hyperlinks (email and url) are missing, everything in the document is seen as text. 
I do have the export settings to include Hyperlinks. Can someone help guide me as to why this is not working for me? 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant
Because it's not supposed to.

A placed PDF is nothing more than a static graphic. All interactivity is lost.
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Placed PDF - Export to PDF - Original PDF Links Missing

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a data PDF that has hundreds of active hyperlinks in it that I am importing into InDesign. When I export the project from InDesign all the hyperlinks (email and url) are missing, everything in the document is seen as text. 
I do have the export settings to include Hyperlinks. Can someone help guide me as to why this is not working for me? 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @BobLevine for your time in answering me. I am shocked that in all my years of using Adobe products I have not had to run into this problem. As I sit here in defeat with this project I will find a solution that will create the final outcome I require. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can combine the PDFs in Acrobat and maintain the interactivity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0