Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing 2020 .ai files are blank and bounding box is much larger

Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac 10.13.6 with latest updates InDesign and Illustrator

Placing old logo in ,ai format in fine. But when I place a 2020 with pdf compatible on I get a larger blank box. Below is a .pdf version of logo which places fine, but the .ai version which  is selected is larger and blank

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 8.27.16 PM.png

I even tried saving down to legacy cc .ai in both RGB and CMYK format and did not fix.

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 8.30.10 PM.png

Old logos done in CC2019 .ai are fine.

I don't have any extensions or plugins.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

did you check your import options in InDesign?

Sample import options with "Crop to Bounding Box ( visible layers )" from my German InDesign 2020:

ImportOptions-for-AI-File.PNG

Also try: Crop to: "Art" with your InDesign import options.

Are the dimensions of that large blank frame in your screenshot related to the artboard size of your Illustrator file?

FWIW: I cannot see this behavior with InDesign 2020, Illustrator 2020 on Windows 10.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou I have tried that, preview shows blank confirms there is an issue.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 11.19.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-18 at 11.20.15 AM.png

If I open in CC 2019 an save all is working. If I save as .svg or .pdf form 2020 fixes the issues.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 11.20.57 AM.png

I would like to work in cc 2020 .ai format.

This soudns liek a problem everyone woudl have, btu do tno see anyone else posting on forums. I have no plugins for Illustrator. I am staying in High Sierra to avoid issues others are having in other Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can anyone on High Sierra mac please reply if even to confirm you are not experienceing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

can you make a sample ai file available through Dropbox or a similar service so that we can test this?

Currently I see no issue with placing AI files saved with option Create PDF Compatible File on my machine.

I'm on Windows 10.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines